It’s the haP-haP-haPaleoist time of the year…right?
Let’s face it, the holidays revolve around food. Whether it’s Christmas cookies, potato pancakes, or Lefse–it can be h̶a̶r̶d̶ darn near impossible to stick to your Paleo/clean eating diet. Here are 5 killer holiday recipes that will help you stick to your diet without missing out!
Maple Cinnamon Applesauce
First off–this would make an excellent holiday gift, too! Super simple ingredients and 100% homemade (& Paleo). Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 lbs. apples, cored, sliced, and peeled
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- ¾ cup maple syrup, or to taste
- 4 cinnamon sticks
Find the recipe here.
Paleo Cranberry Orange Muffins
Perfect for a mid-morning pick-me-up or a pre-workout energy boost. Tangy, sweet, festive (perfect?), here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 eggs – whisked
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 6 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup juice from an orange (we used naval oranges)
- Zest from 1-2 oranges
- Optional: 1/2 cup of pecans
Find this recipe & more here.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Mmmm..an awesomely Paleo take on the original post-sledding treat.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 oz chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup of ice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Optional: 1 drop of Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
Get the recipe here.
Dairy-Free Paleo Eggnog Chia Pudding
Party idea: serve in double-shot shot glasses with teaspoons–the perfect dessert mini!
- 4 small dried dates or figs (or 2 large)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
Get the recipe here.
Paleo Peppermint Patties
Refreshing peppermint with just enough chocolate to indulge, here’s what you’ll need:
- ¾ cup melted coconut butter
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder
We found the recipe here.
Find more holiday-inspired Paleo recipes on the HumanX Pinterest!